What is the Scottish Business Pledge?
The Scottish Business Pledge is a values-led partnership between Government and business. It is a shared ambition of boosting productivity, competitiveness, sustainable employment, and workforce engagement and development.
It is built on:
- a commitment from the Scottish Government, and its partners, to support sustainable business growth in Scotland
- a voluntary code of business practice which you can use to guide and boost the future development of your company
- a mutual pledge to ensure that prosperity, innovation, fairness and opportunity develop hand in hand in Scotland
Making the Scottish Business Pledge means:
Not every additional commitment need be enacted at once. For many businesses, that’s simply not practical, in terms of available resources or immediate focus.
What is important is the journey and longer term; we encourage you to embrace a broad spectrum of progressive practices.
Once you have made your pledge we will send you information and materials which will enable you to display the Scottish Business Pledge logo on your website or anywhere else you see fit. Put logo here
It’s good for business and good for Scotland.
Each pledge contributes towards a forward-thinking business and a stronger Scotland. To find out more about the benefits of each action, follow the links below:
- Paying the living wage
- Not using exploitative zero hours contracts
- Supporting progressive workforce engagement
- Investing in Youth
- Making progress on diversity and gender balance
- Committing to an innovation programme
- Pursuing international business opportunities
- Playing an active role in the community
- Committing to prompt payment